Technical On-Site Testing for TransformersTrafoexperts Transformer Consulting Services
Before energizing a transformer, a series of on-site tests are normally performed (insulation resistance, oil breakdown voltage, etc.). Furthermore, it is necessary to carry out more rigorous tests for after these events:
- an on-site repair
- problems such as trouble during transportation
- receiving negative results from routine tests
Local companies usually provide transformer testing equipment on-site, but quite often the operators who bring the equipment have limited knowledge about transformer testing (reading numbers from an instrument is not measuring).
Our consulting service
If you would like to have a neutral third-party during transformer testing, or if you simply want avoid diverting your own skilled resources, our transformer consultants can support you with on-site by:
- Supervising the transformer test set up and measurements (many companies can rent you good instruments but the operators know little more than the sequence of buttons to press).
- Interpreting the result of each test for the specific transformer being examined (e.g., a rectifier transformer with two active parts in the same tank will show different “normal” values from a power transformer).
- Deciding which additional tests are necessary.
- Organizing new tests based on what is available on site (tests which are easily carried out in the factory can be quite challenging on-site).