About Baudilio ValecillosTrafoexperts Transformer Consulting Services
Baudilio Valecillos, Transformer Consultant
When I first I met Baudilio several years ago, I was surprised that a university professor could ask good practical questions about transformers and I immediately wanted to know him better.
Since then, we had many chances to work together. I could appreciate how he was able to turn his theoretical knowledge and measurement experience into an asset for the solution of real transformer problems.
Baudilio’s first (self-made) recurrent impulse generator
By joining Trafoexperts, Baudilio has increased and complemented the knowledge we put at your service in order to support you in becoming more effective, efficient and competitive.
For more information, please see Baudilio’s CV at the top of this page as well as our references and publications.
During my career I developed significant experience with:
a) Design, design review, failure analysis and research of fast voltage transient:
- Full wave lightning impulse voltage distribution in windings
- Chopped wave impulse voltage distribution in windings
- Very Fast Transients overvoltages due to GIS switchgear
- Transferred overvoltages in phase shifting transformers
b) Execution, advanced interpretation and modelling of transformer diagnostic techniques:
- SFRA (Sweep Frequency Response Analysis)
- FDS (Frequency Domain Spectroscopy)
- Tan Delta
- Estimation of moisture in solid insulation
c) Design review and failure analysis of:
- Industrial Transformers (Rectifiers, etc.) (up to 55 kA)
- Transformer for special power electronics applications like cycloconverters and drives
- Power transformers (up to 400 kV AC)
- Generator Step Up Transformer
d) Development of design tools for impulse voltage distribution in transformer windings.
e) Finite Element simulations applied to power equipment for dielectric, magnetic and thermal field problems.
f) On site measurements, testing and failure analysis.
g) Teaching university courses for engineers in transformer HV testing techniques.
Nov 2012 to present: Transformer specialist at Trafoexperts GmbH, Uster, Switzerland.
2008 - Nov 2012: Transformer specialist at Weidmann Electrical Technology AG, Chiasso, Switzerland.
2003-2008: Assistant Professor at University Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
2002-2003: Assistant Professor at University Simon Bolivar, Caracas, Venezuela
2000-2001: Internship at EDC/AES Corporation Caracas, Venezuela
2003-2005 DEA. Engineering, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Madrid-España.
2002-2005 M.Sc Electrical Engineering, Universidad Simón Bolívar, Caracas – Venezuela. (With Honors)
1995-2001 Electrical Engineer Degree, Universidad Simón Bolívar, Caracas – Venezuela.
- Spanish: mother tongue
- English: fluent
8610, Uster, Switzerland