Baudilio Valecillos' CV
During my career I developed significant experience with:
a) Design, design review, failure analysis and research of fast voltage transient:
• Full wave lightning impulse voltage distribution in windings
• Chopped wave impulse voltage distribution in windings
• Very Fast Transients overvoltages due to GIS switchgear
• Transferred overvoltages in phase shifting transformers
b) Execution, advanced interpretation and modelling of transformer diagnostic techniques:
• SFRA (Sweep Frequency Response Analysis)
• FDS (Frequency Domain Spectroscopy)
• Tan Delta
• Estimation of moisture in solid insulation
c) Design review and failure analysis of:
• Industrial Transformers (Rectifiers, etc.) (up to 55 kA)
• Transformer for special power electronics applications like cycloconverters and drives
• Power transformers (up to 400 kV AC)
• Generator Step Up Transformer
d) Development of design tools for impulse voltage distribution in transformer windings.
e) Finite Element simulations applied to power equipment for dielectric, magnetic and thermal field problems.
f) On site measurements, testing and failure analysis.
g) Teaching university courses for engineers in transformer HV testing techniques.
Employment History- mid Nov. 2012 to present: Transformer specialist at Trafoexperts GmbH, Uster, Switzerland.
- 2008 - mid Nov. 2012: Transformer specialist at Weidmann Electrical Technology AG, Chiasso, Switzerland.
- 2003-2008: Assistant Professor at University Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
- 2002-2003: Assistant Professor at University Simon Bolivar, Caracas, Venezuela
- 2000-2001: Internship at EDC/AES Corporation Caracas, Venezuela
Education2003 - 2005 DEA. Engineering, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Madrid-España.
2002 - 2005 M.Sc Electrical Engineering, Universidad Simón Bolívar, Caracas – Venezuela. (With Honors)
1995 - 2001 Electrical Engineer Degree, Universidad Simón Bolívar, Caracas – Venezuela.